saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] SAML 1.1 Technical Overview (11 May 2004)

> Could you clarify what you mean by "modifying the browser"
> Scott? and what makes you confident any changes may happen?

I mean building in some kind of explicit understanding of things like
form-based authentication, and going further, the federated model in
general. I should be able to configure IdP information into my user profile
and make it available to the SP.

The reason I think it will happen is that I think Mozilla is probably
extensible enough to do something in this area, and I think Microsoft will
have their own imperative to do so.

Obviously their lack of agreement on SAML in favor of their own
specification may impact what form that takes, but progress will be made,
IMHO.

-- Scott