saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] RE : [saml-dev] Which version to use?

Mishra, Prateek wrote on 10/18/2004, 10:59 AM:

So I would say that if the implementation phase for your project is mostly after the middle of next year, then SAML 2.0 is the better choice. If you need to get something completed before that time I would recommend SAML 1.1.

For the most part, I agree here other than adding that there's a step between SAML 1.1 and SAML 2.0 -- Liberty ID-FF 1.2.  There are a good mumber of implementations out there, completed specs, and, for the most part, work done to support the features of ID-FF 1.2 will apply to a future SAML 2.0 implementation.

Conor