saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Which version to use?

Well, thank you for all your comments.

However, due to the participation of certain partners to the project,
Liberty is not really an option, and we would rather rely on SAML only, even
if this means 'reinventing' the wheel in some cases.

So I guess we should use SAML 2.0, in our particular case, paying attention
to any modification that could be brought to the specs until they get
officially released.

Jean-Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Cantor [mailto:cantor.2@osu.edu]
Sent: lundi 18 octobre 2004 19:56
To: 'Alistair Young'
Cc: saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

> does anyone know if there will be an open source implementation of
> SAML2 and when?

There will be an OpenSAML 2.0 by sometime next year. Possibly something will
be available sooner, there are a handful of discussions ongoing.

SourceID is a possibility, and if they'd fully open source it (it's not free
for commercial use) I could see basing some of our Shib stuff on it. I doubt
anybody but me is planning a C++ version, which I need, so there will be
something produced explicitly by us regardless.

-- Scott