saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] common domain cookie

> We (Liberty) had alot of early interoperability problems with cookies
> because of different versions of the Set-Cookie specs and brower
> limitations, so I presume this is an attempt to make it much less
> likely to cause a problem.

I think it may be more of a historical error on my part. When I "copied" the
profile into SAML, I made a change suggested by interop testers that we
would just put the IdP entityID in the cookie instead of a hash. The hash
was base64-encoded, and I think I copied the text without really thinking
about it.

It certainly works as is, but we could consider correcting it.

-- Scott