saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] AuthnQuery

john c hardin wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, what do you view as the issue with Liberty
> ID-WSF? I am delving into these two (SAML/Liberty) deeply over the summer.

I didn't say I had any particular issue with it, I said that multi-tier
authentication and authorization is a really hard problem space that has
no easy answers. Liberty's solution happens to be articulated at a level
of specificity that makes it potentially interoperable in a real world
environment (unlike other more general proposals that I won't bother
identifying), but my experience has been that when people look at it,
they decide it's too complicated and look for easier solutions.

But I don't think there are any. I think it comes down to whether the
use case justifies the pain.

-- Scott