saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] AuthnQuery

john c hardin wrote:
> I agree Scott, that no matter which way you go, there are some major
> issues that need to be tackled. The primary ones that I see are:

(list snipped)

I think all those apply more generally to federated identity, not
multi-tier security.

Add the additional complexity and lack of standards to that list and
then the multi-tier issue starts to look worse, which is all I meant by
the original statement that if somebody knows an easier way of modeling
or addressing it than WSF, they'd do everybody a service by explaining it.

I fear that we'll be left with a pile of rubber-stamped specifications
that address one use case, namely making consulting and integration
companies rich.

-- Scott