saml-dev message

Subject: Extending the AttributeStatement?

Title: Extending the AttributeStatement?

I have been looking at SAML 2.0 to determine how (or whether) I can use it for a particular use case and I've been having some trouble.

Firstly,  I want to be able to set up an AttributeStatement that contains one or more Attributes, where *each* Attribute may have either a value (which might be any content) OR may have information indicating why no value is being provided (using some sort of structure similar to that used for samlp:Status).

Secondly, I'd like to be able to include a "FriendlyName" for any Attribute in multiple languages.

It does not seem that the Attribute element is extensible except through use of foreign-namespace attributes;  there's no ability to define additional child elements  (which I find that a bit awkward).  And it's not clear to me how to define an undefined number of FriendlyNames, each with metadata indicating the language, using attributes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,

Janet Roth
roth@visa.com

Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategy and Standards
Visa International
Mailstop M1-8H, PO Box 8999 San Francisco CA, 94128-8999, USA

Ph. +1 (650) 432-1758

NOTICE
This email message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee named above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this email message in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this email message or by telephone to the Visa switchboard at 1(650) 432-3200. Thank you.