saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] using jaxb with SAML2.0

Gene Garcia wrote on this list:

  > Hmm. That's a thought. I looked over the schemas and the
  > schemaLocation hints for xmldsig-core-schema.xsd are consistent. There
  > are other problems too though - the xenc-schema.xsd defines
  > TransformsType yet again (apparently a third time).
  > I don't have the time nor the jaxb knowledge to sort this out. I'm
  > moving on to Castor.

I used to be a Castor XML user and a few years swiry happy tched to JAXB
and have been a very happy customer. JAXB mailing list and user
community is incredibly active and helpful:

	For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@jaxb.dev.java.net

JAXB is very powerful and requires some understanding and knowlegde
to make use of its customization features. Note that it is really quite
rock solid. MY open source project freebXML Registry [1] has been using
it since JAXB 1.0 became available for numerous schemas. We have never
found it to be lacking in our experience.

Gene Garcia wrote me privately:

> I found a thread about using JAXB
> with SAML
> (https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/arc/mace-opensaml-users/2004-10/msg00007.html).
> In the thread you said that you could generate bindings for SAML 2.0.
> I'm trying to generate those bindings and am having trouble with it.
> Have you been able to generate them? If so, could you make them
> available as you did with the bindings for SAML 1.1?

I was able to generate the bindings with some JAXB customizations that
were needed.

Please find the binding for SAML 2 that the freebXML Registry project
[1] uses at:

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/tmp/saml2.0/oasis-saml2.0.jar   (compiled
classes)
http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/tmp/saml2.0/oasis-saml2.0-src.jar   (java
source files)
http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/tmp/saml2.0/oasis-saml2.0-doc.jar   (javadoc)

Please note that the freebXML Registry project defered our
implementation of SAML 2 SSO for tactical reasons and therefor the
bindings have not been thoroughly exercised
and vetted. Please send any feedback you may have to me. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

[1] http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/tmp/ebXMLRegistryLinks.html