saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] SAML Conformance Testing

The Liberty Alliance (www.projectliberty.org) does some SAML Conformance Testing, although mostly for 2.0 (or using SAML with various Liberty Specifications).  See https://www.projectliberty.org/activities/conformance.php , or http://www.projectliberty.org/activities/conformance/LAP-SAMLv2.0-TestProcs-v1.0-Final.pdf .

However, this is primarily based on interoperability testing, rather than an automated test tool.

Thanks,
dgc
Darryl G. Champagne
Standards and Software Consultant

From: William Cai [mailto:wcai@xwarelabs.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:41 AM
To: saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [saml-dev] SAML Conformance Testing

Hi list,

I am going to develop a SAML 1.1 conformance test suite for my project. But my knowledge for SAML is limited. Could you guys provide any suggestions?

  1. I get OASIS Conformance Program Specification. It contains some test cases. Could I treat those as the basic conformance test?
  2. OASIS Security Services Technical Committee doesn’t itself provide conformance services. But I find some companies providing related services, e.g. PingIdentity. Has anybody used their services?
  3. Are there any 3rd-party organizations which provide SAML Conformance testing?
  4. Any Open Source SAML Conformance test suites?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

-William