saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Use of Provider ID in Redirect-Artifact Profile

See response inline ####.

Regards,

Kunal Gandhi

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Cantor" <cantor.2@osu.edu>
To: "'Kunal Gandhi'" <kunal@amsoft.net>
Cc: <saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 7:55 PM

>> True. Just that it is not desired in our case to have such arrangement
> that
>> requires SP and IdP to exchange such info apriori. All discovery is based
> on
>> XRI Resolution.
>
> You still need the XRI, and an XRI can be expressed as a URI, right? So
> make
> that your providerId and hash that.

#### Kunal wrote: ####
True, I can hash the XRI and send it as a SourceID, which the SP will match
and find the ProviderID, an XRI. The SP can the resolve it to get metadata.
But again, this requires SP to know beforehand that so and so IDP has so and
so ProviderID, which is not desired. I am trying to avoid this step. I'd
like a self-arranging implementation where services are discovered using XRI
Resolution Only and not by out of band exchange (as far as feasible). This
is important. This is the reason why I want to discover the IDP using a
common domain cookie upon recceiving SAML Artifact.

Hope I have made my requirement clear.