saml-dev message

Subject: Skipping authnreq

In a very distributed client, the nameidentifier is shipped around
between entities. At some point one entity have to make an
authorization decision and needs to know:
1) whether the nameidentifier is valid (authentication is successfull)
2) retrieve some attributes.

In this scenario, the nameidentifier is a transient session token.

My question is; is it OK to skip the authentication request, and use
the attribute request for both validating the handle and retrieve
attributes. I assume that if the nameidentifier is attached to an
authentication session that is expired the attribute request would
result in an error response.

We are implementing both sides, so we can make it work, but we should
not do it this way if it is "illegal" in the SAML spec. I have a
feeling that it may be required to retrieve, parse and understand the
Condition element.

smime.p7s