saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] discovery?

On 3/30/06, John Merrells <merrells@sxip.com> wrote:

> Is there a profile that includes 'IpD iscovery'?

There is an IdP Discovery Profile for browser users, yes (section 4.3
of the SAML 2.0 Profiles spec).

> By which I mean a
> user interacts
> with a relying party and tells it who their IdP is.

Via browser cookies, yes.

> The RP then talks
> to the IdP to see
> what services it provides... then the regular request/response occurs.

I'm not sure about this last part since I'm not sure what you mean by
"see what services it provides."  The Service Provider sends an
AuthnRequest to the IdP (via the browser).

Tom