saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] DEFLATE Implementation in JAVA

Lars Beekmann wrote:

> But the code I use to deflate seems correct to me. I would appreciate
> any hints, what I might be doing wrong!

[...]

> ByteArrayOutputStream byteArrayOutputStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
>
> DeflaterOutputStream deflaterOutputStream = new
> DeflaterOutputStream(byteArrayOutputStream);

I'm not sure it is relevant, but that DeflaterOutputStream constructor
uses a default Deflater with a wrapper round the stream.  It is possible
that you need one without the wrapper, for which you'd need to create
the Deflater yourself (there is a constructor with a "nowrap" parameter)
and pass it in to the appropriate DeflaterOutputStream constructor as a
second parameter.

	-- Ian