saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Does an Authentication Context URN actually reference an XML file?

> 1. Does an Authentication Context URN actually reference an XML file?

That's out of scope, but you're mistaking classes for declarations.

> Does that URN actually reference an XML file?

Your example is a class. A class is a schema of possible contexts, not a
specific one. The URN means exactly that schema.

Declarations are specific instances. They usually would be expected to refer
to an XML file, but resolution is out of scope.

> (This may sound odd, but .)  What is the root element of the
> XML file?
>
> Is this the root element:
>
> <AuthenticationContextDeclaration> ,,,
> </AuthenticationContextDeclaration>

Yes.

> Note: perhaps I have old documentation; there are large
> differences between it and the actual schemas.  /Roger

I don't know what you refer to, the 2.0 spec is done.

-- Scott