saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] use of protocolSupportEnumeration

Tom Scavo wrote:
> Suppose an IdP has the following role descriptor in its metadata:
>
> <md:AttributeAuthorityDescriptor
>  protocolSupportEnumeration="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol">
>
> I would like to add another role descriptor as follows:
>
> <md:AttributeAuthorityDescriptor
>  protocolSupportEnumeration="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:profiles:query:attributes:X509-basic">

Protocols are not profiles. They're something broader than that.
Profiles are captured by the endpoint elements themselves, in particular
roles, in combination with particular bindings.

If something is a SAML 2.0 profile, then the protocol enumeration
constant is probably just SAML 2.0. If not, it's not.

-- Scott