saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Distributed IDP model

> It's not clear to me how standard SAML protocols would
> support step 2 above.  What's needed is a SOAP request for
> which the standard response is a SAML artifact.

Most of which is probably as hard or harder than the work of just generating
the assertion locally, so what's the win? It certainly doesn't reduce the
number of failure points.

> Did OASIS (or LAP) consider this type of distributed model?

Nope, I would say that's all implementation details. To standardize the
internal interfaces, you'd also have to have a market for the individual
pieces coming from different sources. Otherwise you can go tell a vendor
you'd happily pay for such an implementation and they could decide to build
one.

-- Scott