saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Issuer and webSSO profile.

> It is not clear though which element in the NameIDType is a MUST:
>
> NAmeQualifier/SPNameQualifier/SPProvidedID.

That's not a profile issue, it's up to the Format of the NameID in use. Only
persistent and transient even address the qualifiers, otherwise they are
unused.

> From what is written on line 473-475 of the Core
> "NameQualifier and SPNameQualifier SHOULD be omitted." I
> assume that the only MUST element is SPProvidedID.

That is not a MUST unless the NameID in question has one set.

> NOTE: Also I noticed that <Issuer> is also used in the
> AuthResponse / Assertion and even if  now the issuer is an
> IDP the element in the <Issuer> tag is still
> "SP"NameQualifier or "SP"ProvidedID.

There is no such requirement, those attributes are NameID-related, they have
nothing to do with the Issuer. If the qualifiers happen to match existing
fields, that's coincidental.

-- Scott