saml-dev message

Subject: MetaData entityID question.

Title: MetaData entityID question.

Hi,
I'm trying to match some data in the MetaData descriptor and data in the SAML Protocol messages.

For example AssertionConsumerServiceIndex in a AuthReq is the relevant AssertionConsumerService .index in the SPSSODescriptor.

Now as the MetaData spec says the index is only unique within the parent element.
I'm wondering what is the relevant info in a Request that matches the Descriptor entityID ? Issuer/ProviderName …?
I couldn't find this info or I overlooked it.

Thanks.
Giuseppe.