saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] SAML + SASL

> I saw some mails a while ago about using SAML with SASL - has
> there been any work done on this by anyone? I've got a use
> case where I need to SAMLise SASL.

I'm not aware of anything. The SSO profile maps pretty directly to a SASL
exchange in the style of ECP (server challenge contains AuthnRequest, client
hands it to selected IdP, gets Response back and returns it to server to
complete challenge).

The discussions bog down once people start talking about deriving keys for
session security and that sort of thing. I think it's best to start simple.

-- Scott