saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] SubjectConfirmation in SAML query

On 2/9/07, Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:

> Given the fact that it doesn't seem as though many/any products seem to even
> support the metadata-based referencing to attributes during SSO, I'm not
> sure there's much hope that anything but Shibboleth and its siblings would
> bother doing it, but we probably would. It's not at the top of my priority
> stack though.

If you forced me to choose between static attribute references in
metadata and dynamic per-request attribute callouts, I'd choose the
latter since it addresses attribute self-query (and perhaps other use
cases where the attribute requirements are not static).

Anyway, thanks for suggesting the AuthnRequest + Attribute extension.
That's a good idea.

Tom