saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] FW: [#6949] Question sent to support

> At the moment we observed that most vendors use SHA-1 Hash of the Site ID
> which result in a 40 hexadecimal character.

That's the SourceID itself, but that's not how artifacts are transmitted in
messages.

> However some implementation uses combination of encryption like SHA-1 Hash
> of the Site ID bytes value followed by Base64 encode.

On the wire the complete artifact is base64 encoded. The SourceID is only
part of the artifact, and it's really binary data. Hex is just a way to
represent it, but artifacts are more than just the SourceID.

-- Scott