saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Question about affiliationOwnerID

> I'm trying to clarify SSO sequence and  contents of <AuthnRequest>
> that use Affiliation.
> To begin with Metadata, should I set same value to affiliationOwnerID
> of <AffiliationDescriptor> with entityID of <EntityDescriptor> ?

The owner ID is informational. Affiliations are only relevant for the
purpose of scoping identifiers. The only place they show up operationally is
in an SPNameQualifier, at least that I can think of right now.

And no, you would basically never set those to be the same, it doesn't make
any sense. The affiliation is a group, the owner would be a specific entity.

-- Scott