saml-dev message

Subject: fyi: Shibboleth 2.0, Beta 1 is now available

4 msgs...

-------- Original Message 1 --------
Subject: Shibboleth 2.0, Beta 1 is now available
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:09:04 -0400
From: Steven_Carmody@brown.edu
To: shibboleth-dev@internet2.edu

The Shibboleth team is pleased to announce the availability of the
Beta 1, Shibboleth v2.0 This new release includes substantial
additions to the functionality, including support for the SAML 2
specification. Information is available at:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/Announce-Shib-2.0-Beta

Note that this is a beta release; it is NOT suitable for production
use. There is some documentation in the wiki for the new release, but
it is not yet complete. Please feel free to help improve the
situation.

We would like to strongly encourage sites using Shibboleth to install
the new version in a clean environment and help with testing. The
more people who use the software, the faster we'll collectively find
and address the bugs that remain in this release.

We would very strongly encourage people new to Shibboleth to begin by
using the current stable release, v1.3, rather than the beta release.

When will the final release of v2.0 be available? When we believe it
is stable. Please help us get to that point, by helping with the
testing.

-------- Original Message 2 --------