saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] the value of AuthnInstant

As I said before, I think this is the correct reading of the current
core spec (as in other interpretations are wrong).  From the preamble
in section 2.7.2:

	The <AuthnStatement> element describes a statement by the SAML
authority
	asserting that the assertion subject was authenticated by a
particular
	means at a particular time.

and the description of AuthnInstant (an attribute of the
<AuthnStatement>):

	Specifies the time at which the authentication took place....

I don't think this leaves much to deployment/implementation
interpretation.

Conor