saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] the value of AuthnInstant

I understand that that's what you were *told*.   I, however, don't see
that
flexibility in what was written in the spec (at least not what's in
there
now).   There doesn't appear to be any ambiguity in the wording in the
spec
as it currently stands to me.  If there is, I'd like someone to point
out
where it says that the AuthnInstant is allowed to be something other
than
when the *authentication* of the user took place.

I certainly have no problems with an errata directed at such ambiguity.
However, I don't see it and I don't think we should have an errata for
what people said or discussed outside of the spec, especially if that
was in conflict with the current wording of the spec.

So, if there's something wrong in what's written in the spec, sure,
let's fix it.

In any case, those who want to do an errata, I'd like to hear/see what
the proposed changes would be.

Conor