saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Load balancing with SAML2

FWIW, this was one of the use cases which resulted in the
IndexedEndpointType in SAML-Metadata

Section 4.1.6 of SAML-Profiles discusses the the use of metadata for
this purpose:

> The indexed endpoint element <md:AssertionConsumerService> is used
> to describe supported
> bindings and location(s) to which an identity provider may send
> profile. The index attribute is used to distinguish the possible
> endpoints that may be specified by
> reference in the <AuthnRequest message. The  attribute is used to
> specify the endpoint to
> use if not specified in a request.

this, of course, means that each consumerService host behind the load
balancer is also directly addressable (in addition to it's Virtual IP
exposed by the load balancer)

=peterd