saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] holder-of-key subject confirmation

I believe it depends upon the Keyinfo used by the IdP in the attribute
assertion.   If the IdP identified C1 via specific reference (e.g. the
actual certificate itself), the RPs message should not be considered
valid as to meeting the requirements identified by the IdP.

OTOH, if the IdP used KeyInfo/X509Data/X509SubjectName to identify the
subject name of the user and C2 had the same Subject name, presenting
the message with proof of C2's private key would be considered to meet
the requirements identified by the IdP.

Essentially, the IdP has control over what the presenting party
must do to prove to the relying party that it can present the
assertion.

Conor