saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Saml idp in java servlet filter?

I guess it depends.

I personally wouldn't ever run it as part of another app.  An IdP has to
do quite a bit and mixing that in with application code that has nothing
to do with the IdP (or the IdP with it) seems like a maintenance
nightmare.  It's really a conflation of two very different things.

If though you didn't want a full IdP and in stead just wanted to issue
SAML authn statements, that is if you scoped the amount of work down to
a very small level, it might not be as nightmare'ish (though still not
something I'd do).