saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Custom Attributes in SAML request

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Siddhartha Purkayastha
<kpsiddharth@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if it is possible to send some custom attributes in a SAML
> request (from the SP to IDP) before authentication?
> I think the AttributeStatement is a valid part of the SAML response only. So
> is there a way to do this?

Do you mean attributes as in "please include the following attributes
in the response"?  If so, then yes, this has been discussed

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/saml-dev/200811/msg00023.html

but no, nothing's been done about it as far as I know.

Tom