saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] preserving query parameters in AssertionConsumerServiceURL

Mihaylov, Dimitar wrote on 2009-04-09:
> One final question for my understanding - if the received
> AssertionConsumerServiceURL should always be exactly checked against the
> metadata why not using then the AssertionConsumerServiceIndex? It will
> be much cheaper. I don't see the point of having two mutually exclusive
> approaches for the same functionality.

Indexing came from Liberty, probably to save space. I don't like it much
because it entangles things quite a bit so that the indexing matches, and it
precludes the ability to respond to SPs for which you don't have metadata
using a default policy of some sort.

As for being "much cheaper", I don't know what that means, unless you mean
space.

-- Scott