saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Confusion regarding AuthnContext

bhaskar jain wrote on 2009-09-21:
> Appreciate your response. I think it was coming but still do you know of
any
> real-life SP's which restrict AuthnContextClass to a particular class and
do
> not allow it to be configurable on the SP side?

I don't know what you mean by "configure on the SP side". You can configure
an SP to ask for something specific, but you can't just set what the
resulting context is/was on the SP end.

If you're asking whether there are SPs that require particular classes,
sure, I suppose. What's your audience of SPs? There aren't generally just
"SPs in the wild" outside of a particular business context.

-- Scott