saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] RE: How to provide SAML assertions in RESTful services

I think you are being overly pessimistic. The scope of what I am doing
right now is defining the interoperability mechanisms. The operational
choices are above and beyond what we define in the interop profile.
Specifically with SOAP and WS-Security the capabilities of WS-Security
are available to be used. All we have done is eliminate the other token
types, specifying that the token for user identity would be SAML, we
haven't even limited the SAML profiles used. I would hope that this is a
useful profiling. These choices are primarily due to the sensitive
nature of healthcare, and the extremely distributed organizational
arrangements.

Does this give you more room to express security concerns?

John