saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] the <md:ContactPerson> element

> Not every inconsistency gets caught. Virtually nobody reviewed the
> metadata
> spec at the time that I recall.

Well, I wouldn't say that nobody reviewed the spec. But it's fair to say
that some lesser-used areas didn't get as much review as would be
desired.  I know the key components of MD entity descriptors got
reviewed and tested pretty well.  But the contact info wasn't critical
to the implementations and testing, so I'm not surprised that the
inconsistencies/omissions slipped thru.