saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] SAML SSO for Python IdP and Java SP

On 7/11/11 5:17 AM, "Mattias Lidman" <lidman@cs.umu.se> wrote:
>Does anyone have some advice on the best
>path forward here?

Yes, use an actual SP implementation, rather than creating one from
scratch.

>Also, can there be implementation differences between SAML libraries
>that affect inter-operability, or should I expect that (if the
>implementations are sound) a Java library will be able to talk to a
>Python library?

If you're building something from scratch, many of the details are going
to be your code, not the libraries. The libraries are merely handling
lower level details. Easily half or more of the work is going to be new
code.

-- Scott