saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Assertion and EncryptedAssertion

This is a profiling question over and above base SAML. For one example, the “Kantara Initiative eGovernment Implementation Profile of SAML V2.0” states:

2.5.3.2     Message Content

The Web Browser SSO Profile allows responses to contain any number of assertions and statements. Identity Provider implementations MUST allow the number of <saml2:Assertion>, <saml2:AuthnStatement>, and <saml2:AttributeStatement> elements in the <saml2p:Response> message to be limited to one. In turn, Service Provider implementations MAY limit support to a single instance of those elements when processing <saml2p:Response> messages.

The entire profile is available from:

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/eGov/eGovernment+Implementation+Profile+of+SAML+V2.0

Regards,
Bob Sunday

Cyber Authentication Initiative I Initiative d’authentification Cyber

Chief Information Officer Branch | Direction du dirigeant principal de l'information

Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat | Secrétariat du Conseil du Trésor du Canada

Ottawa, Canada K1A 0R5

Office: 613-941-4764

Email: robert.sunday@tbs-sct.gc.ca