saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] returning the "_saml_idp" cookie to the SP

On 8/17/12 10:47 PM, "Tom Scavo" <trscavo@gmail.com> wrote:

>Perhaps we're talking about two different things? Here I'm asking
>about the original discovery spec in SAML2Prof, not the post-2.0
>profile that you and Rod wrote.

Yes, I wasn't reading closely.

The original profile is not a protocol, it's a cookie format, and that's
all. There's no protocol because the coooperating pieces are part of a
single implementation. The thing that's reading the cookie in the common
domain is communicating to the other half of its own codebase so whatever
protocol they want to use is up to that implementation.

The cookie is the only part that's shared between code from different
implementations, so only the name and the format are specified.

-- Scott