saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] JSON metadata

On 9/29/12 5:05 PM, "Ian Young" <ian@iay.org.uk> wrote:

>I'd have thought, though, that the most natural way of doing that would
>be for SAML federations to use extensions to SAML metadata, and for
>non-SAML federations to do something equivalent based on their own native
>provisions.  I can't see any reason to believe that having the SAML TC
>develop or standardise a proposal for a metadata format for use by
>non-SAML entities (it certainly wouldn't be used by SAML entities, after
>all) would be a good use of anyone's time.

That's more or less my feeling. I'm willing to consider proposing
something if it turns out that the OAuth community decides not to provide
a trust management mechanism, but I'm not inclined to preempt it.

And yes, I certainly have no intention of using one. I already have an XML
solution and I don't need a JSON one. I will need a profile for extending
the XML solution, but that's trivial.

-- Scott