saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Question related to Subject Confirmation in SAML

On 3/18/14, 1:54 AM, "Security Developer" <security.developer22@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I am little confused about the subject confirmation working in SAML. I
>like to know, How subject conformation works in SAML using WebSSO profile?

You don't have to understand it in depth to follow the profile, which
tells you exactly what to put in, and exactly what to check.

The purpose of subject confirmation is to limit or control who can present
an assertion to authenticate to something as the subject, or under what
conditions.

Without subject confirmation, assertions are just data. They don't have
security relevance in application protocols without subject confirmation.

-- Scott