saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] AuthnContext for WebSSO

Hi,

OpenAM by default always sends the RequestedAuthnContext, yes, but which one it should request should be matter of configuration (by the way the default comparison method is also configurable). Anyways I've just filed https://bugster.forgerock.org/jira/browse/OPENAM-6416 so that the default behavior is improved - at the very least, to minimum PPT.

Personally I find AuthnContexts a bit awkward though... You can request minimum PPT, and then that will allow the IdP to choose something better, but at the end of the day it will be up to the SP to decide whether the received AuthnContext is actually acceptable (which then means that SP needs to have the same kind of "strength ordering" as the IdP)..

Regards,
Peter