saml-dev message

Subject: Telling IdP about logout failure in LogoutResponse?

Hi All,

I am working on a SAML 2.0 Service Provider. We have implemented both IdP-Initiated and SP-Initiated Single Logout. I was wondering, if we receive a LogoutRequest from IdP but for some reason, are not able to invalidate the user's session on our end, can we communicate this logout failure back to IdP so that may be it can show an appropriate error message to the user or do any other proper handling?

Any help would be highly appreciated,
Thanks,
Anas