saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] empty xml:lang="" in SAML Metadata

Chatting with Ian about this, I think the relevant language in the spec makes it clear that an empty string essentially amounts to *no* xml:lang set, and that would violate the clear intent of the places in the schemas where xml:lang is required.

But for the elements where it's optional, it seems desirable to allow it.

That's my personal opinion as the primary author of the specs in question. As a software matter, I think that probably still leaves Shibboleth with a bug, for the mdui:Logo element, so it's not a self-serving opinion.

-- Scott