samldemotech message

Subject: Re: SAML 2.0 Optional Use Cases

Hello Tom, all,

Let me clarify.

According to the A, an account at IDP has following attributes,
correct?

  - username
  - password
  - common name
  - email address
  - membership level
  - spending limit
  - age
  - shoe size

And, IDP can set any values (i.e. a user don't set values)
to the common name, email address, and membership level,
correct?

Yuzo

On 2005/01/10, at 23:18, Thomas Wisniewski wrote:

> Hi, for those vendors considering the optional use cases (around
> persistent
> identifiers and attribute queries), I would like to propose the
> following
> use cases. It would require each vendor to support 4 simple
> resources/applications.
>
> A. User registration. Allow the user to perform a simple online
> registration
> to an SP or IDP (no SAML processing exists in this case). User is
> allowed
> specifies the following fields:
> - username
> - password
> - password (again)
> // the remaining attributes are only for IDPs:
> - spending limit
> - age
> - shoe size (or any other attribute(s) that we should decide on)
>
> B Local user attribute management. This is a protected application
> that is
> avaliable to the user once they have logged into an IDP. This allows
> the
> user to see their local attributes described in (A). I.e., at the
> provider
> they logged into (no SAML processing exists in this case).
>
> C. User persistent Identifier management. This is a protected
> application
> that is avaliable to the user once they have logged into a provider. It
> allows them to view their current ID federations and either TERMINATE
> and
> existing one or FEDERATE to a new IDP. The respective SAML MNI
> terminate or
> SAML SSO with ID Federation AllowCreate=true would occur.
>
> NOTE: we should discuss is a 3rd option NEW_ID (or REFRESH) should be
> included. This is allows and IDP or SP to change the opaque id (e.g.,
> the
> user wants their opaque id changed for security purposes).
>
> D. User SAML attribute inquiry. This is a protected application that is
> avaliable to the user once they have logged into a provider AND they
> used
> SAML authentication to some IDP. If so, it should display the
> attributes
> described in (A) by doing a SAML Attribute Query to the IDP (the
> assumption
> is that the IDP is also acting as the Attribute Authority).
>
> Use Cases:
>
> 1. User Registration. The user registers at both the IDP and SP (i.e.,
> application A above). The main point is that they can use different
> ids at
> the SP and IDP site.
>
> 2. User Federation. The user logs into an SP and selects ID Federation
> with
> an IDP (i.e., application C above). The flows are similar to the basic
> SSL
> case but with ID federation and using persistent identifiers.
>
> 3. Single Logout. The user logs out of the SP. The flow follows that
> [...]
----
Yuzo KOGA <koga.yuzo@lab.ntt.co.jp>
NTT Information Sharing Platform Labs.
tel: +81 422 59 3202, fax: +81 422 59 5652, aol: yzkoga