samldemotech message

Subject: ? re: attributes

Title: RSA SAML Interop Conference Call Minutes - January 26, 2005

We’ve decided that it is a requirement to send the AttributeStatement in the web SSO assertions, but we did not discuss whether this is just statically configured or whether we would utilize the AttributeConsumingServiceIndex attribute on the AuthnRequest that gets delivered from an SP.

My assumption is that we statically configure the IDP to push the attributes and that the SP does not send the index.

Otherwise, we need to agree on what we’ll use for the index (i.e. configuring SP metadata defining the attributes in the AttributeConsumingService settings.

It is also assumed that the attributes are sent for BOTH the standard use case AND the optional use cases.

Rob Philpott
Senior Consulting Engineer
RSA Security Inc.
Tel: 781-515-7115