samldemotech message

Subject: A reminder about configuration setup for teh demo

A few things…

  1. Don’t forget that all vendors need to use the Alice, Bob, and Charlie user accounts at your sites for the standard use case.
    1. Please tell everyone running demos to NOT attempt to use these user id’s to demonstrate the optional federation use cases.  They MUST only be used for the basic use case.

  1. It is very important that ALL vendors supporting the optional use cases (i.e. Federation/Logout/Defederation), set up the user accounts for every other vendor to use at their site(s).
    2. If you are running multiple entities that are relying on separate user account repositories, you’ll need to set these accounts up in both repositories. (is anyone doing that?)
    3. ALL vendors MUST only use the user id’s assigned to them.  So, for example, when RSA is demoing the federation use case and we log in at the NTT web site, we will log in with one of the RSA user id’s.  We will never use an NTT user id.  We MUST all explain to the folks that run the demos for our company that this is how they must do it.  Otherwise, folks will end up with federation links that they didn’t expect.
    4. I don’t recall whether it was explicitly called out, but each vendor probably needs to have a page available where users can log in and remove the federations associated with the user ID at the site.

Rob Philpott
Senior Consulting Engineer
RSA Security Inc.
Tel: 781-515-7115