Subject: Re: [sarif] Re: GitHub for samples, etc [ Raw minutes of SARIF #5 meeting 2017-10-25 ]

Hi David,

I have the TC Admin JIRA request to create the folder 'Contributions' at https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-2789. Do you all want me to go ahead and create that?

Also, let me clarify one thing. The definition of Contribution is at (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr#def-contribution). It reads "any material submitted to an OASIS Technical Committee by a TC Member in writing or electronically, whether in an in-person meeting or in any electronic conference or mailing list maintained by OASIS for the OASIS Technical Committee and which is or was proposed for inclusion in an OASIS Deliverable." (emphasis added)

I provide this simply to note that it is fine to have a folder for Contributions but that doesn't mean anything outside that folder is *not* a Contribution. If someone sends something as an attachment to the TC mailing list, it is a valid Contribution even though it is not in that folder.

In this case, as Paul and Katrina are *not* submitting them as proposed inclusion in the TC's work, then they aren't Contributions. If they just sent them to the TC and said "Here, use as you see fit" then they would be.

In any case, please let me know if you would like the folder set up.

Best,

/chet