Subject: RE: [sarif] Embedding native log file contents in a SARIF log

I gave some more thought to the “original log file embedding proposal”, and I added another comment to Issue #66 with some changes. Please take a look at the new comment to see the rationale for the changes.

Thanks!

Larry

From: sarif@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:sarif@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Larry Golding (Comcast)
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 3:11 PM
To: sarif@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello,

We have an open issue #66, “Consider embddedOriginalLogSnippet/other features that locate source issue in a converted file”. We want to allow a SARIF converter to embed, within a SARIF result object, the source text from the original tool output file that was the source of the converted SARIF file. The idea is to help a developer who is writing a SARIF converter compare the original log file to the converted SARIF log file. We don’t anticipate any tooling that would process the embedded source text automatically.

I just added a comment to the GitHub issue. Please take a look and provide any feedback. I’ll add this item to the agenda for the next TC meeting on January 10th.