Subject: Progress report

I’ve merged all the changes we approved at TC #11 into the provisional draft, updated the schema changes document, and closed the 8 related GitHub issues.

I closed two other GitHub issues that had been marked for CSD.1 They are:

  • #7: Can we cite FIPS PUB 180-4, Secure Hash Standard, as normative?
  • #9: Must I cite source for list of hash algorithms?

Both of these are now moot, for reasons I explained in the issues. Michael and David might care; the rest of you probably don’t.

Finally, I tagged three issues with a new label, publication-cleanup:

  • #100: Improve “ultimately-contains”-like passages.
  • #106: Scrub for broken links.
  • #116: Provide the JSON schema as part of the specification.

These issues are for purely editorial work that I have to do before we publish CSD.1, but it doesn’t require any decision-making on the part of the TC. (Well, you’ll probably want to read the schema.)

That leaves 18 substantive issues that are currently approved for CSD.1. You can run this query to see them:

is:issue is:open label:CSD.1 -label:publication-cleanup

But of course several issues were filed over the last week. Michael has the action item to schedule a triage meeting where those who are interested can propose a list of those issues that we will take into CSD.1. We will send that list out before TC #12, and we’ll move for its approval at that meeting.

We’re really rolling now and I think we can approve at least 10 issues per meeting going forward. That suggests that we can be ready for CSD.1 in three or possibly even two more meetings – depending on the result of our triage.