Subject: Fixing the location object

The design of the location object has caused many problems over the years, and Michael and I have discussed it repeatedly. Today I was finally able to explain to myself exactly what is wrong with the current design, which made it fairly straightforward to come up with a fix.

I filed Issue #130, “Fix the location object”. This really needs to be in CSD.1, and it’s actually a fairly small change.

If you’re interested in this subject, please see the issue for a description of the problem and the proposed fix.