Subject: RE: [sarif] RE: I don't think we need an "attachment" object any more

I think you might still be a bit confused 😊 – this proposal has nothing to do with annotations. It does not affect the definition or usage of the annotation object in any way.

Are you asking what might happen if the same file appeared as an attachment on two different result objects, and the analysis tool wanted to associate a different message with each of those two usages?

From: Michael Fanning <Michael.Fanning@microsoft.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 1:14 PM
To: Larry Golding (Comcast) <larrygolding@comcast.net>; sarif@lists.oasis-open.org

I have clearly been a bit confused, my apologies.

Here is my current open issue: a tool might want to provide two sets of annotations that are associated with a single file in the file table. Can you describe how this would work in the new proposal? If there’s a one-to-one association with a set of annotations and a file, that would be unappealing.