Subject: Change draft for #141

I pushed a change draft for Issue #141, “Consider adding timestamp to file object”.

                Documents/ChangeDrafts/Active/sarif-v2.0-issue-141-file-lastModifiedTime.docx

Here’s the entire change:

3.17.11 lastModifiedTime property

A file object MAY contain a property named lastModifiedTime whose value is a string specifying the date and time at which the file was most recently modified. The string SHALL be in the format specified in §3.8.

NOTE: In scenarios where a tool has analyzed files on a network file share or on a local disk, an engineering system might use this property, rather than hashes (§3.17.10), as the most lightweight mechanism to determine whether the analysis needs to be repeated.

I’ll move its approval at TC #17 on May 16th.